#2270 -Modern Workplace, Microsoft Solutions Architect
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Location: Calgary, AB and Vancouver, BC
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
With core competencies centered around the Microsoft 365 Platform (primarily Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security) the successful candidate will be tasked to apply technical, project management, and leadership expertise to plan, execute, complete, and lead high-profile IT initiatives for a diverse client base, typically within Microsoft and multi-vendor environments.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the design/implementation/deployment of Enterprise Collaboration Platform, Solutions, and Products that leverage on-premise data centers, high-performance computing, and cloud computing;
- Oversee migration of platforms to the latest (modern) Microsoft operating solutions;
- Engage in project management including influencing/developing project scope, schedule, resource allocations, stakeholder documents and other needs;
- Manage day-to-day team operations including providing oversight, guidance, direction, and mentoring to team members;
- Work with the sales organization in the capacity of a Pre-Sales Architect to elicit, discover, and qualify opportunities – and to position AMTRA solutions
- Write and present Statements of Work (SoW);
- Drive improvement through delivery of objective-and-pillar-aligned services;
- Prepare and deliver status information through ongoing client communication; and
- Contribute to operational and business development by advising on costs/benefits of overall IT plans and relevance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
The position requires at least a bachelor’s degree, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering (any discipline), or a related technical degree or diploma, and at least five (5) years of experience in a similar role or environment as described, or in an IT consulting or infrastructure support role.
Alternatively, in lieu of a bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of relevant experience, we may accept candidates with at least ten (10) years of progressively-responsible experience in a similar role or environment as described, or in an IT consulting or infrastructure support role.
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
In addition, the qualified applicant must have the following:
- At least three (3) years of experience working with full lifecycle (functional/technical) aspects of IT infrastructure services;
- At least five (5) years of experience working with IT infrastructure technologies, from both a deployment/migration and managed services aspect, including: Desktop, Messaging (Microsoft Exchange Platform preferred), and Security;
- At least two (2) years of experience overseeing deployments, migrations and upgrades of medium-large-scale projects/systems (500+ seats);
- At least two (2) years of experience leading technical teams in the implementation/deployment of Microsoft Office 365 Solutions; and
- At least five (5) years of proven, referenceable experience analyzing/defining technical architectures and articulating proposed solutions.
Nice to Have:
Candidates with the following additional skills will be preferred:
- Project Management Skills and/or designation
- Business Analysis Skills – with proven, referenceable focus on:
- Developing technical solutions to address business problems;
- Advancing IT consulting and/or IT managed services sales efforts; and
- Defining, analyzing, and documenting requirements (technical and business).