#2289 - Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Position Type: Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
Our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst for a 6-month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately. The Business Systems Analyst performs a combination of three functions: business analysis, systems analysis and project management. As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship between IS and one or more business areas, implementing upgrades and new applications, as well as supporting and maintaining a portfolio of existing applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the customer relationship between IS and specific business areas;
- Analyzing current solutions, data, processes and work instructions, and designing and implementing applications and process improvements;
- Understanding and analyzing data and its applied use within the business area(s) for both current and legacy applications;
- Business area planning that includes integration of legacy systems, documenting business cases to justify new application investments, scheduling and management of application projects;
- Supporting, maintaining, enhancing and/or upgrading a portfolio of applications and related integrations;
- Understanding system architecture of the applications within the portfolio;
- Developing reports, analyzing and responding to requests for data and new functionality;
- Troubleshooting and repairing problems that occur in the everyday use of an application;
- Developing and maintaining technical specifications and documentation;
- A Post-Secondary Degree in Computer Science is preferred;
- Eight plus (8+) years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst and Systems Analyst in Land and land data as well as SQL experience.
- Highly developed analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to forge strong and trusting relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency in business modelling, process modeling, data modeling and effort/cost modeling and estimating;
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL and database query tools – SQL+ or PL/SQL;
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities
- Ability to problem solve through root cause analysis
- Strong leadership, decision making and facilitation skills