#2384 - Cisco Wireless Network Resource
- Position Type: Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
Our client has a 6 month contract for a Cisco Wireless Network resource to help them with a WiFi remediation project. They have secured a resource to oversee the architecture and help scope out the activities, however they need an additional resource to assist with the implementation.
- Conduct a wireless network “heat mapping and roaming” survey at the Calgary office and (where appropriate/necessary) other remote locations for future analysis of access point deployment efficacy and remediation of gaps.
- Collaborate with the Windows 10 deployment team to stabilize the Cisco Anyconnect client to provide a better wireless experience for end users
- Produce updated wireless documentation related to the architecture and security posture of each SSID.
- Rationalize the number of SSIDs to strengthen the security posture and simplify operations.
- Deploy new redundant wireless controllers for the Calgary office.
- Deploy new redundant wireless controllers in the primary datacenter to provide FlexConnect to remote sites from the Q9 Data Center.
- Deploy new N+1 wireless controller in the secondary datacenter.
- Update firmware of the existing wireless controllers and re-deploy them to another location to replace the end of life/support controllers.
- Implement FlexConnect technology for all remote site access points to meet the new HA and DR design requirements.
- Replace any access points that cannot be configured with FlexConnect technology or are at the vendor’s end of life/support.
- Reconfigure the network design for Data Center wireless controllers to improve resilience by providing redundant links, and improve throughput by using both connected links for data.
- Install licenses and upgrade the Cisco ISE to version 2.3.
- Evaluate the need for APEX licensing and installation to improve end user experience