#2394 - Senior SCCM Administrator
- Position Type: Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
Our client has an initial three month contract / contract to hire opportunity for a Senior SCCM Administrator.
You will be responsible for the management of the company’s entire SCCM system. This includes responsibilities for imaging Windows and a range of tasks that include software deployment, security updates and producing SCCM reports. This person will also ensure that all SCCM services are functional, plan and manage expansion and work around the complex constraints of PCI and/or SOX compliance as required.
- Responsibility for the company's SCCM environment and the associated servers.
- Senior technical resource, providing 3rd-level assistance to other analysts and users on all technical aspects (software, materials, deployment strategy, etc.)
- Analyzes projects assigned to the team.
- Analyzes, plans, coordinates and executes migrations of systems and/or platforms when upgrading to a new operating system (64-bit Windows, for example) or installing Microsoft Office.
- Skilled in automation strategies, Active Directory, GPO, workstation virtualization and security.
- Able to understand, change, draft or develop complex Powershell or VBScript scripts, recognize which situations call for scripting (appropriate solution or requirement), analyze and validate scripts submitted for approval.
- Shows creativity in finding ingenious and unconventional solutions to complex problems.
- Analyzes and solves technical issues rapidly and effectively.
- Provides support for certain applications and the deployment of new systems configurations.
- Evaluates and manages functionality and compatibility of new software and provides recommendations.
- Ensures that the SCCM environment is up-to-date and plans for expansion by applying business best practices and anticipating changes in technology.
- Capacity to manage stress during busy times and when dealing with tight deadlines.
- Post-secondary diploma, degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a SCCM system administrator, experience managing several Management Points and several hundred clients.
- 7 – 10+ years in user technical support - Level 3
- Extensive knowledge of the automation process (scripting, deployment strategies, packaging, GPO, virtualization, Office 365, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Intune is an asset.
- Good knowledge of networking topology.
- Stressful working environment: heavy workload and deadlines are often tight.
- Bilingual skills an asset (French and English)