#2433 - Senior I.T. Analyst
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
Our client has a permanent or possibly contract to perm opportunity for a Senior IT Analyst. In this role, you will be directly involved with IT infrastructure components and systems to ensure stable operation of the IT infrastructure assets. This includes designing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all new and existing hardware and software infrastructure. This position will also be responsible for directing the activities of projects to enhance the server infrastructure and related Cloud technologies. This role also provides support to our Service Desk Technician.
- Develop, document and maintain processes for operational support.
- Provide third tier service desk support. This would encompass end user devices (desktops, laptops, smart phones, etc.), network and multifunctional printing devices, desktop applications, and branch to branch networking. This includes both on-site and remote support of all company locations.
- Support incident and problem escalation to the appropriate people as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science/Networking or related field
- 7-10 years of work experience in a similar role
- 4-6 years of lead level experience
- Cloud Services (Azure), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional and/or Citrix Certified Engineer (CCA) designation are assets. Working knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud services will be an asset
- Strong working knowledge with MS Office, MS-Teams and MS-TFS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to facilitate discussions with all levels of personnel
- Knowledge of Dell / Cisco UCS hardware (Blade servers and Storage Area Networks) & supporting infrastructure such as SAN fabric
- Knowledge of Azure, O365 services, Skype, Exchange, In-tune, Email Archiving
- Knowledge of UCS and virtualization technologies including VMware & Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
- Knowledge of Commvault, Veeam & other related Data Protection technologies
- Knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, Domain Name System (DNS), System Center services, SCOM, OMS, Workday, SSO solutions, Anti-spam, Anti Malware, SIEM systems
- Working knowledge of ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Kanban processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database environments and Document Management Systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and industry best practices