#2437 - Business Analyst -Business Relationship Manager
- Position Type: Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
Our client is currently seeking a Contract to hire IT Business Analyst (BRM) to join their Corporate IT team.
The primary business functions of focus include Marketing, Logistics, Rail, Gathering and Processing Business Unit, and Field Operations.
The role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the needs of business partners. This includes interviewing partners and gathering and compiling their requirements to understand the solutions they need. You will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT’s understanding of business requirements.
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with business partners to manage technology roadmaps and roadmap initiatives.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support procurement efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Lead the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely create project artifacts (i.e. requirements, specifications, etc).
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business partners.
- Manage and track the status of all stages in the IT project methodology.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements, project statuses to business partners and others so that issues and solutions are understood.
- As part of a team, be a champion and model for the IT project methodology, tools, and processes with other team members.
- Willing to assist and back-up other team members in their roles (including, on occasion, application support).
Formal Education & Certification
- Diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or information systems.
- Minimum five years related work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Proven experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and business-friendly language.
- Proven project management skills including planning, organizing, and managing resources.
- Proven experience with ECM systems and processes (records management, document management, etc).
- Experience with Environment and Regulatory systems is an asset.
- Experience with Maximo is an asset.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Understanding of a Midstream company’s core operations is desired.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Good understanding of a Midstream company is considered an asset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a busy environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willing to take on additional role and responsibilities as they arise.