#2453 - Business Analyst
- Position Type: Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
The IT Deliver team has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Senior Business Analyst for a 1 year contract on the Core Services Reliability project. Reporting to the Delivery Lead, as an ideal candidate you will have experience with Service Event Management and Infrastructure monitoring projects. In addition, you’ll have experience working in a cross functional team environment, facilitating workshops, and preparing test and use cases to support technology platform transitions and upgrades.
This opportunity will appeal to an individual who enjoys working in a team environment and who demonstrates effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills, is adaptable, and able to articulate technical problems and issues using natural language. The Business Analyst will also utilize standard best practices to identify risks and risk mitigation strategies, have a key understanding of transition to operations, and development of value/benefits mapping. Success in this role will require facilitating multiple business areas to agree on scope and business requirements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Work independently and with diverse stakeholder groups to gather information and analyze and resolve specific issues that arise during the project
- Elicit and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Document and confirm solution options and decisions with respect to application life cycle management (migrate, retire, or upgrade) for enterprise and line of business applications
- Act as a liaison between the business units, vendor resources (Managed Services), technology teams and support teams
- Collaborate with project team members to progress the project forward as per project plan and scope outline
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with working on an Infrastructure Technical Currency deployment including: IT Service Management, event Management / monitoring and road mapping
- Experience with Office 365
- Vendor / tool selection and scoring based on Business Requirements
- Prepare documentation to support recommendations based on business requirements analysis
- Working with end users, both local and remote
- Experience with Modern Workplace practices
- Working with 3rd party suppliers in a managed service environment with some off-shore resources
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Business and/or Computer Science
- Service Management / event management (i.e. ServiceNow)
- Familiar with infrastructure / application monitoring tools
ITIL 4 experience would be an asset