#2457 - Principal Architect - Modern Workplace
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
AMTRA takes pride in enabling its partners, clients, and employees to maximize their potential. Our approach and methodology are rooted in knowledge and expertise that enable our clients to manage risk, lower costs, and improve their adoption of new technologies.
As the Principal Architect of our Modern Workplace Pillar, you are an expert in communicating the value of Microsoft Solutions such as Azure, Microsoft 365 (Windows 10, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security) and are able to demonstrate and highlight how clients can transform their business using these solutions and platforms to reach their business goals.
You will work with our highly-skilled sales, architecture, and service delivery teams, and with various sales, technical, and enablement teams at Microsoft; playing an integral role in the overall sales process.
Your deep, up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft solutions, the competition, and the industry helps our clients understand the benefits of the various solutions AMTRA delivers in achieving real business outcomes.
Specific Accountabilities and Required Knowledge:
- Design, architect, and implement industry leading cloud technology solutions by understanding client requirements through your savvy consulting skills, both business and technical;
- Be capable of crafting and delivering documentation including (but not limited to) conceptual design, logical design, physical design, bill of materials, proposals, statements of work, RFP/RFI/RFQ responses, as-built diagrams, knowledge-transfer materials, FAQs, and transition to operations information;
- Serve as a trusted advisor for our clients, building long term relationships that will provide and further business value;
- Lead, manage, mentor and coach members of various teams at AMTRA – with a specific focus on the growth and development of our Modern Workplace Practice;
- Be responsible for driving revenue and gross margin contribution through Microsoft Services and Microsoft Cloud Consumption (Digital Partner of Record and other relevant incentives), for a wide variety of customer scenarios; and
- Attend and represent AMTRA at industry events and contribute to AMTRA’s market presence by participating in various channels of information and communication employed by AMTRA.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least five years of referenceable experience as a Solutions Architect and subject matter expert for Microsoft Platforms.
- Working knowledge of, and proven experience with, Microsoft architecture and best practices – specifically for Azure, Windows 10, and Office 365.
- The ability to grasp technology concepts rapidly and assess their relevance for business needs.
- Strong consulting skills – including the ability to manage multiple projects to completion while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to evangelize, position and architect Microsoft solutions with customers through consultative and insight-selling techniques.
- The ability to accurately capture customer vision and business requirements in support of solution architecture, project scoping, and Statement of Work (SoW) authoring.
- The ability to effectively communicate to different audiences clearly and concisely in written, oral, and various presentation formats.
Key performance metrics include Practice Delivery Excellence, Practice (People) Revenue and Gross Margin, Cloud Consumption, Transformation, and Customer Satisfaction – and a billable consulting responsibility balanced with Pre-Sales, Innovation, and related activities.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
Candidates with the following optional skills and experience may be fast-tracked for consideration for this role:
- Candidates with working knowledge of and/or in possession of referenceable experience in all aspects of the Microsoft 365 Platform – including Microsoft Cloud App Security and Unified Endpoint Management principles.
- Candidates capable of demonstrating knowledge of, and an ability to solution for, the following areas of interest:
- Document management principles;
- Data loss prevention;
- Governance and best practice for security, authentication and information architecture;
- SharePoint online usage & tooling; and
- PowerApps, Flow & integration with other business systems.
Additional Attributes and Competencies:
- Understand Windows 10 best practices around readiness, deployment, operationalization, security, and user/adoption change management.
- Understand Microsoft Cloud best practices around architecture, security, and storage to meet various client needs.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure client success with Windows 10 and Microsoft Cloud initiatives.
- Establish credibility and build deep relationships with senior technical and business individuals within client environments to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
- Design solutions for customers using the best mix of vendor-partner products through the creation of proposals and Statements of Work (SoWs).
- Collaborate with AMTRA’s sales organization to formulate and execute sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives and be responsible for all the integrity of the solutions delivered.
- Conduct deep dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to clients considering, or already using AMTRA services.
- Follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and share that knowledge with current and perspective customers, as well as with AMTRA internal teams.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Broad Microsoft technical background with a minimum of five years’ experience in customer-facing solution-design and/or technical delivery roles.
- Referenceable experience in Windows 10, Azure, and/or Office 365 architecture – preferably with relevant certifications.
- Minimum MCSE/MCITP or equivalent referenceable designation.
Recognized in the industry for delivering innovative Modern Workplace solutions, AMTRA is a provider of both Managed and Professional Services for Data Platform Services, Windows 10 & Devices, Office 365, Cloud, Application Development and Packaging, and Software Asset Management (SAM).
AMTRA holds the distinction of being a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in Cloud Platform, Cloud Productivity, Collaboration & Content, Data Platform, Datacenter, Windows & Devices, a Microsoft Gold SAM Partner, and a Tier-1 Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP).
Our commitment is to provide quality solutions and excellence while maintaining a high-level of customer service and support.