#2461 - Application Packager
- Position Type: Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
AMTRA is seeking an Application Packager (Packager) for a five month contract that will be part of a packaging team to support application packaging for our Windows 10 clients.
The Packager will be responsible for packaging in-house developed and COTS type applications using AdminStudio and MicroSoft Application Virtualization Sequencer (MS Sequencer) packaging software following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in an App-V or MSI/MST format, initial configuration and performing installation on Windows 10 test environment before a hand off to the client for user acceptance testing.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Must have prior experience with using AdminStudio & Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer for packaging.
- Must have packaged applications for Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS platforms.
- Must understand and have used one of the following: VBScript, WISE Script or batch files.
- Expertise in virtualizing applications through sequencing is required.
- Must understand a standard packaging process and workflow.
- Must understand App-V / MSI packaging best practices and standards.
- Must have an understanding of software deployments leveraging System Center Configuration Manager
- Must have knowledge of desktop deployments for Windows platforms.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work on-site in a secure customer environment
- Must have political awareness and sensitivity in customer situations.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to troubleshoot packaging problems.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must know how to build Windows 10 OS Images using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Must have experience with SCCM for online and offline environments (standalone build using a USB stick)
- Windows as a Service experience is a plus.
- 5 years with direct imaging experience, intermediate or higher in the SCCM skills
Recognized in the industry for delivering innovative Modern Workplace solutions, AMTRA is a provider of both Managed and Professional Services for Data Platform Services, Windows 10 & Devices, Office 365, Cloud, Application Development and Packaging, and Software Asset Management (SAM).
AMTRA holds the distinction of being a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in Cloud Platform, Cloud Productivity, Collaboration & Content, Data Platform, Datacenter, Windows & Devices, a Microsoft Gold SAM Partner, and a Tier-1 Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP).
Our commitment is to provide quality solutions and excellence while maintaining a high-level of customer service and support.