#2462 - ERP Data Architect
- Position Type: Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
AMTRA Solutions, is an Information Technology company that provides people + technology solutions. Our goal is to provide premier technical staffing services and ensure the best professional service solutions to our clients.
We are committed to providing quality opportunities with reputable companies that provide healthy, ethical and challenging work environments.
Our client is entering into the Execution phase of its ERP Program to implement a new ERP solution. Various business functions are in scope for the project, including Finance, Supply Chain Management, Asset Management, Projects, and Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting. A Data Stream has been established within the ERP Program to centrally coordinate and monitor data cleansing and migration activities, and to establish a centralized data governance model for ERP data.
Reporting to the ERP Data Project Manager and working closely with the Data Lead and System Integrator resources, the Contract Data Architect will provide strategic input into data migration and data governance related activities for the ERP implementation. This role will collaborate with key stakeholders and data team resources to support the implementation of an integrated, robust ERP solution with business ready data. This role is the ideal opportunity for an individual who is passionate about data, understands importance of data as a foundational asset and has previous experience leading data architecture on large SAP projects in a consulting position.
Work Environment: This is a 1-year contract based in client's downtown Calgary office.
- Delivery of data design and governance activities and assist in guiding SAP design and data migration and architecture activities
- Identify and engage with business and IT representatives for input into the various data activities and deliverables
- Analyze and define detailed Master Data Management (MDM) processes, tasks, data flows, and dependencies
- Assist in development of data governance documentation templates, process design for Create, Review, Update, Delete (CRUD) and data quality management processes
- Develop the ERP Metadata and data model maintenance processes
- Document the ERP Metadata catalog and data models as required to support the ERP design
- Assist in development of data standards and rules
- Provide Quality Assurance on data migration mapping and design
- Assist in the assessment and selection of data cleansing tools and services
- Document the ERP Data Governance tool requirements, provide input into tool selection and implementation
- Provide input into and review various program artefacts, including but not limited to: detailed functional design, role design, interface design, data conversion design and test planning activities
- Experience leading data architecture/ data governance for a large-scale SAP S4/HANA implementation
- Experience working in the Canadian Oil and Gas industry sector
- Knowledge of SAP with a solid understanding of relevant master data domains in scope and their impact on other modules, business processes, and system configuration
- Experience with Master Data Management tools (e.g. SAP MDG, Information Steward) is an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 5+ years' experience in developing data governance frameworks for ERP systems, preferably with exposure to complex SAP implementations
- 5+ years' experience in working on ERP projects, including data modelling and architecture
- In-depth understanding of data management (governance, data quality, security, metadata, integration)
- Familiarity with SAP products and implementation methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal/ facilitation skills. Able to clearly articulate business requirements to technical and able to explain data, technology, and project terms in a clear and simple way to a range of stakeholders and business users?
- Able to analyze a business domain, build and maintain strong working stakeholder relationships, engage professionally with managers / leaders and peers, consult and challenge the stakeholders and facilitate change management activities
- Able to rapidly and independently acquire skills and information, open minded and pragmatic, adaptable and change ready, flexible
- Self-starter that can independently identify and manage tasks, time and competing priorities
- Collaborates well in a team environment, manages conflict, supports team success, contributes to a positive team dynamic